A few weeks ago in my New Years Resolution post, I mentioned that I would be going through my closet, looking for items that I no longer wear. Some are outdated, some are no longer in wearable condition…but the vast majority of items I don’t wear are in great condition to sell/give to somebody else!
In talking with Emily and many of you other bloggers here, we decided that we will be hosting a clothing sale linkup, next Monday (January 28). We’re inviting you to comb through your closet, your shoe rack, your jewelry box…pick out items you no longer wear, and put them up for sale on your blog.
There are a lot of ways you can organize this, and we’ll leave that up to you. We’re providing the linkup so that there is a central location to come and find a bunch of items for sale. If many of you participate, we will surely have a variety of items in different sizes and styles so that everyone can find something fun!
~~Here are the rules and guidelines: Please read!~~
(1) This is a women’s apparel sale only. You can use this linkup to sell your own women’s clothing, accessories, shoes, and jewelry! You can sell just one item, ten items, or more! This is not an opportunity to sell (even related) items from your business or any sponsored content. Please no men’s/children’s/baby’s apparel, household stuff, etc.
(2) To participate, simply write a blog post with pictures of each item you wish to sell, along with price information. Please only sell items in new or gently used condition. If it’s junk or terribly outdated, just thrift it, recycle it, or throw it away.
(3) What you sell your items for, and how you handle sales, is up to you! You could do first comment first serve, best offer, etc. Be clear whether the price includes shipping. Consider providing an email address or contact form for people to ask additional questions or to handle payment. You could also consider offering your items for “swapping” with another blogger’s.
(4) When you write your post and link it here, please link back to us, and use the button above in your post.
(5) The linkup will remain open all week. You are welcome to leave your “sale” up on your blog as long as you wish though, of course. Stop by all week to look for new links!
(6) We are NOT responsible for any sales conducted on the blog posts linked up here. We recommend using a secure payment service, like Paypal, to avoid most issues. Just use common sense when buying/selling. If a deal goes wrong (no payment, item never arrives, etc…), we can’t do anything about it, and you will have to deal directly with the buyer/seller. We will be monitoring all links and removing any that appear to be fishy.
(7) We reserve the right to remove any links that do not follow any of the above rules. Thanks!
HERE is a great example of a blogger who did a clothing sale if you’re looking for an idea of what to do.
We’ll see you all then on January 28th then for the official linkup!
Any questions? Clarifications? Suggestions? Comment below or contact us!
and spread the word