Happy Pentecost Sunday, and happy birthday to the Church! Did you wear your red today? I’ve been trying to follow the liturgical colors lately – sometimes I succeed and most of the time I don’t. Today we succeeded.
I saw an awesome post about Pentecost being the Church’s birthday, and now that I’m sitting down to write this post I can’t find it. But if you’re not familiar with hearing Pentecost called the birthday of the church take a few minutes and look it up. You’ll be glad you did.
All I have is a selfie today – but my handsome husband makes a cameo appearance!
On Pentecost we wear red.
Sorry, I had to say it.
Just a repeat reminder from last week! The Visitation Project airs every Sunday night! Be sure to check it out! It’s a new Catholic radio show for women, and it features some of my favorite people – Rebecca Frech from Shoved to Them, Bonnie from A Knotted Life, and Heather from Real Catholic Mom. You can hear the past two episodes on their site here and a new one will air this evening! These ladies have been such a blessing in my life, and I know that you will love them too.
Be sure to link up and comment below! I can’t wait to read your posts.
To participate, click the “Add Your Link” button below!
Rules are as follows:
(1) Your post must contain a picture (preferably clear, head to toe if possible) of you in your church outfit. What you write about in the post is up to you!
(2) You must have a link in that post back to this post
(3) Optional: grab the button above and put it in your post
(4) Visit some of the other posts in the linkup and comment!
(5) If you tweet your post or this linkup, please use the hashtag #WhatIWoreSunday! Also, if you don’t have a blog and you still want to participate, please follow us on twitter @FineLinenPurple, and tweet a picture of your outfit to us with that same hashtag. We’ll retweet you!
(6) If you haven’t already, subscribe to the blog (right sidebar), like our facebook page and follow us on twitter. Thanks!
(7) Please do not use this linkup for general fashion posts. We’re here to talk about attending church and encouraging each other to look our best and go with confidence. Any posts that have nothing to do with attending church, are missing a picture, are missing a link back to this post, or don’t mention the phrase “What I Wore Sunday” are subject to removal.
It will remain live until Wednesday at 8am CST. That’s it, enjoy!